There is nowhere in Europe a better ratio between the amount of high quality training you are getting and the resources you are investing.
At OKEAN, we use all our resources, partners and activities to create the highest quality training for a modern veterinary clinician. A clinician who believes in growth; in improvement; in impeccable service; in sharing. In friendship.
The leading experts in fields of veterinary surgery, orthopedics, internal medicine, clinical pathology, dentistry, neurology, dermatology, radiology, ultrasonography, cardiology, emergency and critical care as well as ophthalmology are all working with us to create and provide courses to help you move forward. In your knowledge and skills; in your service and patients` satisfaction; in your clinic. Move forward, considerably.
Our management lessons will help you create an effective and profitable business model for each new skill learned at our training center. OKEAN provides the latest facilities and equipment in the field of veterinary training, thus enabling all kinds of practicing: wetlab, drylab, imaging training and much more.
Book your ticket to Belgrade. It is reachable easily.
No need for expensive hotel since nights in Belgrade are usually very short.
Everything else (transfers, training, food, support, etc.) is our business.
Just be ready to embark on the growth tide of OKEAN.
Veterinary Training System
Adults learn differently than children. Because of that, a special academic discipline was developed, andragogy (Savicevic, 1999, p. 97, Henschke, 2003, Reischmann, 2003), which refers to any form of adult learning.
The main difference between andragogy and pedagogy can be seen in the following table.
|Program||Standardized curriculum is used, based on the needs of the society.||The curriculum is based on the practical; it is more real life-oriented.|
|Orientation to learning||The objective is to gain a desired grade.||The objective is problem solving, learning a new skill and/or performing a task.|
|Motivation for learning||Primarily motivated by external pressures and competition for grades.||Internal motivators: self-esteem, recognition, better quality of life, etc.|
From that aspect, and also from realizing the real needs of a modern vet clinician; the fact that those needs cannot be satisfied solely by the work of University, which only uses the pedagogical objective and methods, OKEAN has developed a unique training system which compromises the following elements:
- All registered candidates get the literature in advance so they can prepare for the signed up course both theoretically and if possible, practically.
- Our instructors are world-renowned experts and speakers with years of experience in research, practice and teaching.
- Our courses combine theory and a lot of hand on practice. Lectures are interactive and highy illustrated.
- Practical instruction is performed on live animals (diagnostics and examination), cadavers (surgery, orthopedics, dentistry, diagnostical procedures), models and lab specimens.
- A practical business model is presented for each new skill gained at a course, so it that can be immediately applied in everyday life and practice.
- Our instructors encourage interactive discussions in large or small groups on all key topics, open dilemma or uncertainties.
- At the end of the course, all instructors with OKEAN as a whole, are all being evaluated by the course participants.
- Our courses are CPD accredited.
- All courses take into account the highest standards of animal welfare protection and the environment.
- OKEAN exceptional facilities are fitted with the highest quality equipment and teaching aids thus offering the complete learning experience.
- All technical questions, food, transfer and support is OKEAN’s concern so course participants can focus solely on their set goals.