This technique is used for minor procedures when only the hands need to be covered (for example sterile patient preparation, bone marrow biopsy, urinary catheterization).
- Assistant passes us an internal packaging of sterile gloves without touching the inner layer.
- We put an internal packaging of gloves on a clean surface and open it without touching the inner surface.
- The hand is inserted into the glove. The other hand holds only inner surface of the glove with the other hand and pulls down, so the glove fits on the hand
- We pick up the opposite glove with the gloved hand in a way that the fingers are protected in the inner side of the pocket.
- We pull glove over the wrist on both hands. We are careful during all steps that we don’t touch skin or surfaces with gloved hands.